Free national park entry for Earth Day
Week of free visits to national parks is one of the deals offered for Earth Day-Week-Month. Don't forget appliance rebates.
What better way to celebrate Earth Day than make a free visit to a U.S. national park?
In celebration of National Parks Week (which just happens to coincide with Earth Day on April 22), entry to all 392 U.S. national parks will be free April 17-25. Some park concessionaires also are offering special deals that week.
The National Park Service also reminds us that admission to many of our national parks is always free.
National Parks Week is one of three annual events that include free national park admission. Admission fees also are waived on Public Lands Day, which will be Sept. 25 this year, and Veterans Day, which is Nov. 11.
A number of states are scheduling their appliance rebate programs to coincide with Earth Day. Those rebates will go quickly, so make plans now if you want to participate.
We’ve also found a few other Earth Day deals:
- Target stores will give away 1.5 million reusable bags with purchase April 18.
- Disney Stores are offering a free hat in exchange for tossing six empty plastic bottles into a bin.
- We hear that Walgreens will be offering $1 inkjet refills on April 22, but the ad isn’t out yet.
- You can get a free bag of Sun Chips on April 17 at participating Wal-Mart stores.
We expect to find more Earth Day, Earth Week or Earth Month deals, and we’ll unveil new deals as we find them. In the meantime, if you find any Earth Day-Week-Month deals, please share them in the comments section.
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
'We are sitting ourselves to death,' a doctor says in a new book, and obesity isn't the only risk.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
BLOGS WE LIKE
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'