Free bowling for kids this summer
Chains are offering free games to children, and some offer cheap games to adults who come along.
Are your kids already driving you crazy with wails of "I'm SO bored"? And summer has just started.
We suggest you meet those laments with a list of household chores that need doing, and your kids are likely to find something wildly interesting to do within minutes.
- Bing: Cheap summer fun
Maybe you can send them bowling. Several chains are offering "kids bowl free" summer promotions.
Here are the bowling deals:
- Brunswick Bowling is offering children 12 and younger one free game of bowling every day in June, July and August. Just register online for the free Student Ball Pass.
- A number of bowling centers are offering kids two free games of bowling every day this summer. If adults want to come along, they can buy a family pass for $23.95, which is good for two games per person per day for up to four adults.
- You can get coupons good for one free game of bowling on specially marked packages of Jolly Time popcorn and Tony's frozen pizza. You can also get a coupon for a free game Aug. 7, when bowling centers will attempt to set a world record.
If your local bowling center isn't on these lists, check for summer promotions. Many offer discounts at certain days or times.
For smaller children, a set of plastic pins and balls in the basement or backyard will do. They can keep score and practice their math skills.
More from MSN Money:
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
New rules mean that longevity annuities -- insurance against outliving your money -- are more attractive for retirement savers.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
BLOGS WE LIKE
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'