Memorial Day deals for the military
Free admission to museums and amusement parks, plus discounts on cruises, are among the offerings.
With Memorial Day weekend approaching, it's time to remember the reason for the holiday: to honor those who gave their lives in defense of our country.
In honor of all U.S military members, both past and present, some businesses and attractions are offering special deals this weekend. Some deals are only for active-duty personnel, and others include retired and former military members.
- Bing: Memorial Day sales 2010
Here are some other Memorial Day weekend deals for the U.S. military:
- The Cedar Fair chain of amusement parks is offering free admission for active-duty, retired and former military members on Sunday, May 30, and Monday, May 31. The military member can purchase tickets for up to six members of the immediate family at a discounted rate of $33.99 each. The same deal is being offered July 4-5.
- Carnival Cruise Lines has a deal that allows past and present service members to book up to three cabins at a discounted rate for themselves, family and friends. Reservations must be made by May 31, but the deal is good on select cruises through April 30, 2012.
- Denali National Park and Preserve in Alaska is waiving entrance fees for current and retired service members and their families May 29-31.
- The Queen Mary in Long Beach, Calif., is offering free admission to all U.S. military personnel, both active and retired, May 29-31.
- Video: End of the line for Hummer
More from MSN Money:
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
BLOGS WE LIKE
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'