A fruity way to be frugal
Shining your shoes with a banana peel is just one of the low-cost tricks you can learn.
This video at Lifehacker shows how you can make your shoes shine with a peel. Apparently, the potassium contained in this "yellow crescent of unparalleled beauty" is the main ingredient in shoe polish. The steps are easy:
- Peel the banana.
- Eat the fruit and save the skin.
- Rub the inner lining of the skin on your shoes.
- Buff with a soft cloth.
- You're done.
Some of our favorite Lifehacker posts include:
- Avoid looking like a tourist
- Learn how to throw a knife
- Make a lost screw finder from a blank media spindle
- Mix your own liquid Tamiflu for kids
- Web site Theme Park Maps lets you plan your attack before you get there
- Build a "Beeping Thing" to prank co-workers
- How to build a DIY dorm-legal A/C
- Use a candle to keep doors and windows from sticking
- The first-timer's guide to building a computer from scratch
- Make your own homemade butter
Have you tried any of these ideas? Do you have a favorite do-it-yourself Web site? We'd love to hear about them.
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
BLOGS WE LIKE
MUST-SEE ON MSN
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'