A fruity way to be frugal
Shining your shoes with a banana peel is just one of the low-cost tricks you can learn.
This video at Lifehacker shows how you can make your shoes shine with a peel. Apparently, the potassium contained in this "yellow crescent of unparalleled beauty" is the main ingredient in shoe polish. The steps are easy:
- Peel the banana.
- Eat the fruit and save the skin.
- Rub the inner lining of the skin on your shoes.
- Buff with a soft cloth.
- You're done.
Some of our favorite Lifehacker posts include:
- Avoid looking like a tourist
- Learn how to throw a knife
- Make a lost screw finder from a blank media spindle
- Mix your own liquid Tamiflu for kids
- Web site Theme Park Maps lets you plan your attack before you get there
- Build a "Beeping Thing" to prank co-workers
- How to build a DIY dorm-legal A/C
- Use a candle to keep doors and windows from sticking
- The first-timer's guide to building a computer from scratch
- Make your own homemade butter
Have you tried any of these ideas? Do you have a favorite do-it-yourself Web site? We'd love to hear about them.
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
An annual cap on flexible spending accounts is increasing medical costs.