Friday deals: Free parks and museums
You'll find free admission to national parks this weekend, plus free museums, free 'summer camp' and 'fee-free' concerts.
We don't have too many food deals this week, but we do have some tips for finding free and cheap fun.
- Bing: Free summer fun
With some help from our friends at Cities on the Cheap, we also came up with a few more deals on entertainment:
- This weekend, June 5-6, is one of the fee-free weekends at U.S. national parks this year. Other free days are Aug. 14-15, Sept. 25 and Nov. 11. Don't forget that some national parks are free all the time.
- Bass Prop Shops are offering a free Family Summer Camp on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays from June 5 through July 11. Kids can participate in crafts, a shooting gallery, merit badge workshops and more. They can even eat free s'mores. Check your local shop for details, because activities may vary by location.
- Holders of Bank of America credit, debit or ATM cards can get free admission to more than 70 museums and attractions across the U.S. June 5-6 through the Museums on Us program.
- Live Nation is waiving the service fee for concerts at its 50 amphitheaters for tickets purchased through June 30. The deal includes tickets to more than 700 shows by 110 artists, including Meatloaf, Alice in Chains, Dave Matthews Band, Green Day, Phish, Rush, Santana, Jimmy Buffett, Jethro Tull, Tim McGraw, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, The Black Crowes, and Sugarland. Note: Even though the "service fee" is waived, you may find other fees are still part of the deal.
And we did manage to find just a few new food deals:
- Mimi's Café is offering a free four-pack of muffins with any breakfast purchase from 7 to 11 a.m. Wednesday, June 9, with this Facebook coupon for its "likers."
- If you like Brueggers Bagels on Facebook, you can get a coupon for a free bagel via e-mail.
Clearly, it pays to "like" your favorite eateries on Facebook.
Remember that not all local establishments participate in all national promotions, so it's always wise to call ahead.
More from MSN Money:
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's complaint database highlights the worst problems people have with collectors.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
BLOGS WE LIKE
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'