Your choice? More money or more sex
Or would you prefer to have an extra hour each day?
If you had to pick among the following, what would you prefer -- more money, more time, less weight or more sex?
Our friend Sharon Harvey Rosenberg, also known as The Frugal Duchess, shared these results from the poll with her readers.
- 57% would rather save an extra $50 a week.
- 31% would rather lose one clothing size.
- 6% would choose for more sex.
- 6% would rather have an extra hour every day. (Sharon would vote with this group, but she’d use a third of that time to make more money.)
It should be noted that the survey was dominated by women -- 5,250 females responded, compared with 627 men.
The survey also indicated that people are making small adjustments -- rather than major changes -- because of the economy. For instance:
“When they see results, however, it’s empowering: The survey showed that more women (45%) feel better when they slash grocery costs, versus sticking to an exercise regimen (24%), for example,” said a post about the survey at AllYou.com.
Published Oct. 6, 2009
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
Redrawn lines between full- and part-timers at Sodexo decide who is eligible for coverage.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
BLOGS WE LIKE
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'