A spa day or fitness class on the cheap
Or why not take both? Massages, facials, Pilates and even prenatal yoga will be discounted next month.
Here's help: Hundreds of spas, day spas, and yoga and Pilates studios across the country are offering deep discounts during "Wellness Week," which takes place Sept. 20-26.
That's still a month off. So why worry about it in August?
Because appointments for those deals are being booked right now, that's why. And at 50% off or $50 per class/treatment, these indulgences won't last long.
A little luxury like a facial or aromatherapy massage is a great gift, either to oneself or a friend or colleague. (Personally, I think we all need a massage.) Note: The spa treatments must be used during Wellness Week itself, but class schedules vary.
Seriously: Lots of people don't need more stuff, but would revel in a little pampering.
- Bing: What is Pilates?
If you choose to tip, remember that the gratuity should be a percentage of what your bill would normally have been, rather than the special price.
Here are a few other ideas for lowering the price of indulgence:
- Social buying: Companies like Groupon and Buy With Me offer discounts of 50% to 90% on a wide array of products. Spa and salon deals pop up all the time; I've gotten hour-long massages for as little as $35, and $100 worth of spa services (which can also include massage) for $50.
- Cash-back shopping. Order SpaFinder gift cards through companies like Fat Wallet or Mr. Rebates and you'll get a 4% cash-back.
- Free gift card programs. You can earn Amazon.com cards with points from Swagbucks or MyPoints; save these up and splurge on a $100 SpaFinder gift card through Amazon. Or buy a smaller SpaFinder card directly from MyPoints.
- Girls' night. Get together with friends for facials or manicures. Talking about boys is optional.
More from MSN Money:
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
BLOGS WE LIKE
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'