Friday deals: Free coffee, BOGO movie tickets
Coupon for McCafe fruit smoothie, $10 gift card with purchase, and free e-reader apps are yours for the taking.
This week, the world of Friday food deals and freebies has gone high-tech.
Starbucks has joined McDonald's in offering free Wi-Fi all the time -- though that may be a mixed blessing if your Starbucks is as crowded as mine is now.
- Video: Time to cut the cable?
Borders will give you a free coffee when you download the app to your phone. Just show it to your server at the café inside the store. A similar deal at Barnes & Noble has expired.
Don't forget that some of last week's freebies and coupons are still valid.
Here are the new deals we found:
- Ikea is offering a BOGO meal deal through July 23: Buy one buffalo chicken wrap combo (normally $5.98) and get one free.
- Buy two Caribbean-inspired entrees at T.G.I. Friday's and get a $10 gift card to use on a future visit. This deal is good through Sept. 6.
- Einstein Bagels has new coupons: bagel, schmear and coffee for $2 before 11 a.m. Tuesdays, good through July 27, and free bagel before 11 a.m. on Fridays, good through July 30. The best tactic with this coupon is to hit "Send to a Friend" and send it to yourself. Similar coupons were in last Sunday's newspaper inserts.
- Get free lettuce wraps with the purchase of an entrée at P.F. Chang's through July 31. You'll need to enter your e-mail address to receive the coupon.
Don't forget that not all local restaurants participate in all national promotions, so you may need to double-check.
Here are a few deals you can't eat:
- Get two tickets for the price of one to see "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" if you buy your tickets via the online ticket service Fandango. To get the deal, go to Fandango and choose your theater and show time. On the second page of the order, there will be a box that says "Click here to apply Fandango Bucks, a gift card, or a promotional code to this order." If you check that box, you'll get a place to enter the promo code on the next page. The code is APPRENTICE. Fandango adds a $1 service charge to each ticket, so you'll get two tickets for the price of one ticket plus $1. The deal is good as long as supplies last.
- Amazon is offering free Prime membership to college students. The service, which offers free two-day shipping on all orders, is normally $79 per year. Students must have a valid .edu e-mail address.
More from MSN Money:
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
Your Easter celebration, from ham and eggs to spring clothes, will take a bigger toll on your wallet this year.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
BLOGS WE LIKE
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'