Airfare sales for holiday travel
American, United start new round of discounts.
If you missed last week’s airfare sales, don’t despair.
American Airlines and United Airlines have launched some new sales, and some of their low-fare deals are even good around the holidays, Smarter Travel reports. Not only that, other carriers have matched the sale prices on some routes, with fares as low as $104 round-trip (plus taxes and fees). These fares can be booked through Nov. 12, or whenever the cheap seats are sold out. Fares are higher on the most popular travel dates, of course.
Whether there is a deal here for you depends on where you’re going. For example, if you want to travel from Los Angeles to Phoenix for Thanksgiving, you can fly for $104 round-trip. There are also deals on travel to Europe and Asia.
- Bing: Best winter vacations
Is this the lowest fares will go for the holidays? You can check Bing Travel’s Farecast predictions for your particular route. We’re getting quite close to Thanksgiving, but it’s always possible there will be some sort of sale on last-minute travel. And we’ve still got 53 days to Christmas. Anything can happen.
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
Nearly half of family caregivers spend more than $5,000 a year, plus caregiving affects their jobs and retirement plans.
- America's most counterfeited products
- Driver survey: Men irked by phone talkers, women by lane cutters
- 5 reasons to take the company buyout (and 5 not to)
- Tired of Fed-watching, saver? Check out these banks instead
- New software targets credit card thieves at gas pumps
- Thinking of holiday shopping? Do a reality check first
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
BLOGS WE LIKE
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'