May 1 is Free Comic Book Day
Free museum admission and coupons for burgers and bagels are among this week's Friday deals and freebies.
It’s another fine Friday, and that means it’s time for Friday food deals and freebies.
But we’re going to start with the inedible deals today.
Saturday, May 1, is Free Comic Book Day. That means that participating comic book stores nationwide are giving comic books free to anyone who shows up. Some stores are turning the event into a party, with costumed superheroes. As part of the event, e-book publisher Wowio is giving away free downloadable comics.
- Bing: Most collectible comics
This is the first weekend of the month, and Bank of America customers can visit museums free with the Museums On Us program. A Bank of America credit or debit card will get you free admission Saturday or Sunday to more than 120 museums and attractions across the United States.
Some of last week’s deals are still good. Remember that not all local businesses participate in all national promotions, so you may want to call ahead.
Here are the latest food deals and freebies we found, with some help from our friends at Cities on the Cheap:
- Be one of the first 100,000 people to “Like” Murphy USA on Facebook and get a coupon for a free Coke product.
- Carl’s Jr. has three coupons: $1 off a big country breakfast burrito combo, good through May 12; $1 off banana chocolate chip shakes and malts, good through May 12; $1 off a grilled cheese bacon burger combo, good through May 19. You’ll find new offers as they become available on the Carl’s Jr. promotions page.
- If you’re a fan of Einstein Bros. bagels, be sure to “like” the establishment on Facebook because it is always posting new coupons. We found these outside Facebook: coupon for a free bagel and shmear, good through May 2; coupon deals good through May 19 and May 22, respectively, are $2 for a coffee, bagel and shmear on Tuesdays and a free bagel on Fridays.
- At Hot Dog on a Stick, get a hot dog on a stick for $2 on Tuesdays.
Here are some free kids’ workshops this weekend:
- Lowe's is offering is free Build & Grow workshops for kids Saturday, May 1. The project is a schoolhouse. May 8, the project will be a trellis planter.
- Home Depot is also offering its monthly free kids’ workshop, held the first Saturday of the month. The project is a picket fence planter. The next event is June 5, when the kids can build a table soccer game.
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
Even those who don't like to shop are probably hitting the stores this month. Here's what to be on the lookout for and here's what to avoid.