July Fourth travel and food deals
Free pancake puppies, discount jelly beans and free food samples at Wal-Mart are among this week's deals.
It's time to fire up the grill and get ready for the July Fourth holiday.
Just in time for outdoor parties, Mark Bittman, The Minimalist at The New York Times, has come up with a list of 101 fast recipes for grilling. If you're looking for more recipes, check out all the offerings from our friend Kris at Cheap Healthy Good.
The freebie offerings for the Fourth of July weekend are sparse, so you may want to stay home and throw a big potluck dinner for family and friends. After dinner, you can probably find a free fireworks display in your town.
Some of last week's deals and coupons are still good.
Here are a few new freebies and deals:
- You can get a free order of Red, White and Blueberry Pancake Puppies at Denny's if you print out and sign the "Denny's Bill of Rights" coupon and purchase an entree from the $2, $4, $6, $8 value menu. The deal is good through July 25.
- Get 15% off Jelly Belly's red, white and blue jelly bean mixes with coupon code FREEDOM through July 2. You can also get more than 50% off Belly Flops, with four bags at the holiday price of $17.76.
- Wal-Mart stores in some areas are having a Kraft Independence Day sampling event July 1-3 with a chance to sample new Kraft products.
- You can get into museums free this weekend with a Bank of America credit or debit card as part of the monthly Museums on Us program.
- Military members and their families can get into more than 600 museums free nationwide all summer through the Blue Star Museums deal.
If you're lucky, you might be able to nab a weekend travel deal. Virgin Atlantic is offering discounts on first-class seats July 2-6, reports FareCompare's Deals blog, and Frontier Airlines also has a deal for travel those days.
- Video: Pet care for less
More from MSN Money:
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
Tired of subsidizing the rest of the gang's big meals when all you had was a salad? There's an app for that. Other apps help to share rent, vacations and utilities.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
BLOGS WE LIKE
MUST-SEE ON MSN
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'