Food deals: Half-price shakes and appetizers
Eat a dozen doughnuts this month, and get a dozen free next month.
It’s Friday, and that means it’s time for food freebies and deals, with some help from our friends at Cities on the Cheap.
If you needed any more temptation to eat holiday sweets, Krispy Kreme is here to provide it. Not only does the baker have holiday doughnuts, it has a holiday deal: Buy a dozen doughnuts at a participating store by Dec. 25 and get a dozen gift tags, each good for a free doughnut in January. So you can eat the first dozen doughnuts and give the rest to your friends. OK, save one for yourself.
We also found these food deals:
- Jack in the Box is offering half-price ice cream shakes from 2 to 5 p.m. through Dec. 28. Steak ‘n Shake offers a similar “happy hour” promotion, with all drinks and shakes half price from 2 to 4 p.m. weekdays.
- T.G.I. Friday’s offers half-price appetizers at the bar during “Appy Hour,” from 4 p.m. until the bar closes, through Dec. 23.
- Johnny Rockets has two printable coupons, one good for a free shake with any entrée purchase and one good for a free hamburger with an entrée and drink purchase. The coupons are good through Dec. 31.
And, a few inedible deals:
- Home Depot hosts a free kids workshop from 9 a.m. to noon on the first Saturday of the month. This Saturday, Dec. 5, kids can build their own wagon.
- It’s the first weekend of the month, and Bank of America customers can visit museums free through the bank’s Museums On Us program. Just show your Bank of America credit or debit card Saturday or Sunday and get in free to participating museums.
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Quotes are real-time for NASDAQ, NYSE and AMEX. See delay times for other exchanges.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Thomson Reuters (click for restrictions). Real-time quotes provided by BATS Exchange. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Interactive Data Real-Time Services. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by SIX Financial Information.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
Think saving money, paying bills, comparing prices and shopping for deals take way too much work? All of these can be done with very little effort on your part.