Food deals: Half-price shakes and appetizers
Eat a dozen doughnuts this month, and get a dozen free next month.
It’s Friday, and that means it’s time for food freebies and deals, with some help from our friends at Cities on the Cheap.
If you needed any more temptation to eat holiday sweets, Krispy Kreme is here to provide it. Not only does the baker have holiday doughnuts, it has a holiday deal: Buy a dozen doughnuts at a participating store by Dec. 25 and get a dozen gift tags, each good for a free doughnut in January. So you can eat the first dozen doughnuts and give the rest to your friends. OK, save one for yourself.
We also found these food deals:
- Jack in the Box is offering half-price ice cream shakes from 2 to 5 p.m. through Dec. 28. Steak ‘n Shake offers a similar “happy hour” promotion, with all drinks and shakes half price from 2 to 4 p.m. weekdays.
- T.G.I. Friday’s offers half-price appetizers at the bar during “Appy Hour,” from 4 p.m. until the bar closes, through Dec. 23.
- Johnny Rockets has two printable coupons, one good for a free shake with any entrée purchase and one good for a free hamburger with an entrée and drink purchase. The coupons are good through Dec. 31.
And, a few inedible deals:
- Home Depot hosts a free kids workshop from 9 a.m. to noon on the first Saturday of the month. This Saturday, Dec. 5, kids can build their own wagon.
- It’s the first weekend of the month, and Bank of America customers can visit museums free through the bank’s Museums On Us program. Just show your Bank of America credit or debit card Saturday or Sunday and get in free to participating museums.
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
Nearly half of family caregivers spend more than $5,000 a year, plus caregiving affects their jobs and retirement plans.
- America's most counterfeited products
- Driver survey: Men irked by phone talkers, women by lane cutters
- 5 reasons to take the company buyout (and 5 not to)
- Tired of Fed-watching, saver? Check out these banks instead
- New software targets credit card thieves at gas pumps
- Thinking of holiday shopping? Do a reality check first
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
BLOGS WE LIKE
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'