Take the coupon quiz
Do you really know as much as you think you do?
Do you think you’re the reigning coupon queen in your neck of the woods? Do you need proof or confirmation?
Try this question out:
3. The store is having super double-coupon sale up to $2 value. You have a 75 cents-off coupon for a product that has a retail price of $1.25. How much will you pay for that product?
A. You will get a refund of 25 cents.
B. The product will be free.
Here’s the answer (this post is all the better because Paula provides an explanation with each one).
B. In most cases, stores double or accept at face value coupons only up to the cost of the product. If you want to get money back for buying products, you need to be adding other money-saving tactics such as rebates into the mix.
You still haven’t clicked through to the quiz? OK. Try this one:
6. You live in a market where some stores double coupons up to 50 cents and some stores take all coupons at face value. Where will you use the $1-off coupon?
A. At the double-coupon store.
B. At the store that does not double coupons.
The answer here is B.
The quiz has 10 questions and we got two answers wrong. Not bad for a person who rarely clips coupons. (We don’t like many of the processed foods promoted with coupons, and we normally cook from scratch.)
Paula had this to say about our score: "7 to 10 right answers: Oh, enlightened one. You probably have your own blog." (She got that right.)
Published Oct. 2, 2009
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
If you're one of the millions of sleep-deprived Americans, here's how to find cheap sleep without pills.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
BLOGS WE LIKE
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'