Is it OK to ask Facebook friends for money?
A New Yorker is asking her friends to support her U.N. summer program. Worthy cause? Or tacky move?
- Bing: America's best charities
Meanwhile, with Tanya's deadline eight days away, she's raised just $770, and she says she'll give the money back if she doesn't make the full freight. Meanwhile, some of her friends have pledged to give if and when she gets close to her goal -- but not before.
- Money etiquette: You support a charity, and we're friends. But do I really have to donate?
- The 5 most charitable states in America
- Young people donate 66% less than average to charity. Seniors? 40% more.
- Other People's Money: Media blogger Rachel Sklar on selling her clothes and giving to charity
- Investigating Oklahoma's biggest charity: Corruption, wiretapping and a million-dollar house
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
Banks often use sign-up bonuses as a way to get new customers to apply for one of their cards. But are you guaranteed to earn the bonus?
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
BLOGS WE LIKE
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'