Friday food deals and freebies
Free bagels, 25-cent Blizzards and free movie tickets for eating chocolate.
We’re heading into a great time for food deals and freebies. In addition to our normal fare, we’ve got special deals ahead for Tax Day, April 15, and deals coming up for Earth Day, April 22. We’ll be writing separate posts for those days, so check back later.
- Bing: Best restaurant deals
Some of the nonedible deals we wrote about last time are still good, including a free 60-day trial membership to BJ’s Wholesale club. The rising number of happy hours provides some good deals for early diners.
With some help from our friends at Cities on the Cheap, we found these new food deals and freebies:
- If you like Einstein Bros. Bagels, you should become a Facebook fan, because the company is adding new coupons to its Facebook page all the time. Click the offers tab. Two current reusable coupons get you a bagel, shmear and coffee for $2 before 11 a.m. on Tuesdays through May 19 or a free bagel before 11 a.m. Fridays through May 22.
- Buy one energy drink at Murphy USA or Murphy Express and get a second free with this coupon. The deal ends April 30.
- Quiznos has two new coupons: Get free chips and a fountain drink when you purchase a regular or large sub or a regular chopped salad. Or, get $1 off one sub, $2 off two subs or $3 off three subs. The coupons are good through April 18.
- Today is the last day to get a free Pancake Puppies sundae at Denny’s with the purchase of a value menu item ($2 to $8). One coupon per check per visit.
- Send in four UPC codes from 10-ounce or larger packages of Hershey’s Kisses, Reese’s peanut butter cups miniatures, Hershey’s miniatures or York peppermint patties, and you’ll get a Fandango promo code good for one movie ticket (up to $12 value). You have to fill out the form and mail it in before June 30, then wait about four weeks for your promo code.
- During April, kids eat free at IHOP from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m., with a limit of one free kid’s meal for every adult entrée.
And, for some deals you can’t eat:
- Spa Week is April 12-18, with spas nationwide offering a variety of treatments for $50 each. You’ll need to book ahead at the individual spas.
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
If you worry about money after the streetlights come on, these actions may help you rest easier.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
BLOGS WE LIKE
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'