Many people think Obamacare was repealed
A large number of Americans don't realize that the Affordable Care Act is still the law of the land and will require everyone to have health insurance next year.
This post comes from Brandon Ballenger at partner site Money Talks News.
Forty-two percent of Americans don't know that the Affordable Care Act is still in effect, a new Kaiser Family Foundation poll shows.
Among those people:
- 12% think Congress got rid of it. (It's true the Republican-controlled U.S. House has tried literally dozens of times.)
- 7% think the Supreme Court did. (It's true that both Fox News and CNN wrongly reported that in the minutes after the ruling last summer.)
- 23% said they didn't know enough to say whether the law existed or not. That's a record high since KFF began tracking public awareness three years ago.
Nearly half of Americans say they don't know enough about the law to know how or whether it will affect them. More than half of those who stand to benefit most from the changes -- the uninsured and low-income households -- feel that way.
Forty percent have an unfavorable view of the law, while 35% have a favorable one. President Obama said at a press conference Tuesday that the administration is still making refinements to the regulations used to implement the law. One of those is a streamlined application form for the uninsured, The Associated Press says.
Healthcare.gov provides information about the law and how it affects everyone. It has help for getting insurance, plus a timeline for the law, which continues to be implemented in phases through 2015.
But here are a few key upcoming points about the still very-real health care law:
- Beginning in October, new insurance exchanges will open for enrollment in every state.
- At the same time, tax credits will become available to help many people afford their premiums.
- Beginning in January, most of those who can afford insurance and refuse coverage will pay a fine. There are exceptions -- check out this flow chart (.pdf file) -- and the amount will increase over time, but will initially be the greater of $95 per adult and $47.50 per child or 1% of family income. For example, that would be $285 for parents with two kids and a household income of $28,500.
More on Money Talks News:
Where has the MEDIA been on this? The left wing media is STILL protecting Obama and has been since the first time he ran for president. It is THEIR job to inform Americans. We need the truth to make smart decisions. They hid the truth about Obama's agenda and they hid the truth about what this HORRIBLE piece of legislation will do to jobs and the economy. They only want to tell us the truth about Republicans and ignore or hide the truth about the Democrats and Obama. They are hurting America with their favoritism and bias for one party over the other. Fairness and impartiality are a thing of the past in journalism. Just look at the way they covered the Occupy protest compared to the the Tea Party. I blame a lot of this ignorance on the liberal, progressive left wing MEDIA!
They don't know that Obama-Care is the law and the crap is about to het the fan?
Well, well, well.
As Gomer Pile used to say......
SURPRISE, SURPRISE, SURPRISE!
obama=take away rights+take away weapons+force working americans to pay more so lazy bums get a free ride and vote Dem. (obama bucks) Then if you try to sell your nest egg house after your kids grow up and down size and pull your equity out, o yeah he want 3.8% of that too
you spend over $7500 in gas a year with bush $3100 with bush you had a better paying job.
now you will have to pay $12000 a year for insurance and $7500 in gas and 37% for food. so over $20,000 a year to have Obama in office will it be worth it? if you don't belive me go back to your cheaking account when bush was in office and check for yourself.
You can keep your DR !
The average family will SAVE $2,500 per year
There are NO DEATH panels !
LIES YOU CAN BELIEVE IN !
EVERYBODY hurt their backs 4 years ago !
45 Million on Food stamps
$750 BILLION per year is FRAUD from Food stamps
15 Million - 22 million people OUT OF WORK
Yes, this is the loony , lefty "Summer of Recovery "
Only in America can the growth fall behind what we pay to beggars and it still can be called a "recovery"
If you believe in Obamacare please give me a thumbs down.
If you realize Obamacare is going to impact our economy and the quality of healthcare in a negative way thumbs up.
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
BLOGS WE LIKE
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'