Celebrate with July 4th freebies
Dress like Spider-Man and get a free burger. Or, you can get free coffee and BOGO smoothies without dressing up.
This guest post comes from Leah Ingram at Living on the Cheap.
In most cities across the U.S., we've come to expect one specific freebie on the Fourth of July -- a fireworks show. But fireworks aren't the only freebie you'll find this year. A number of businesses are sending up their own freebies for their customers to enjoy on Independence Day.
- Hardee's and Carl's Jr. are getting into the Spider-Man spirit on Independence Day. If you show up at a Hardee's or Carl's Jr. location on July 4 dressed like Spider-Man, you'll get free food -- a free grilled cheese bacon thickburger.
- Kids eat free at Ikea on July 4 (as well as July 2-3). Unlike many kids-eat-free deals, you don't need to purchase an adult meal to get this freebie. Just show up, and each child under 12 gets a free kid's combo meal, worth $2.49. (Note: This offer is not valid at Ikea Houston.)
- Stop in at Starbucks on July 4, and you'll get a free tall Starbucks coffee. This is part of the Starbucks #INDIVISIBLE initiative to get customers talking about the upcoming election.
- If you haven't gotten around to joining BJ's Wholesale Club, you're in luck: Through July 8, you can get a 60-day free trial membership to your local BJ's or just drop by and shop free. Memberships start at $50 so this is a huge savings if you've always wanted to shop at BJs. We're got tips on how to use coupons most effectively at BJ's.
- Many states require you to obtain a fishing license before casting your line, but not necessarily on Independence Day. This year on July 4, there is a good chance that your state is giving you a fishing freebie. North Carolina, for example, will let you fish for free July 4. So will South Carolina and Maryland. In California, fishing will be free July 7.
- Members of the military can enjoy free admission to a number of zoos across the country. Some participating zoos include the Pittsburgh Zoo (the military gets free admission on Memorial Day and Veterans Day as well), the Cincinnati Zoo and the Birmingham Zoo.
- Bank of America is helping cardholders continue their July Fourth celebration by offering free museum access this weekend (July 7-8) as part of the Museums on Us program. This freebie is available at museums, zoos, science centers, botanical gardens and other cultural institutions to Bank of America cardholders (bank customers or credit card users).
Here's hoping you have a fun, fabulous and -- with these tips -- free Fourth of July!
More from Living on the Cheap and MSN Money:
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
Joe Cantrell says he faces charges after trying to take advantage of the retailer's policy.