Target's Black Friday ad is out
Like its rivals' holiday sales, Black Friday at Target actually begins on Thanksgiving night.
This post comes from Melinda Fulmer of MSN Money.
Target's Black Friday ad hit deal sites Friday morning, offering a few Thanksgiving Day bargains that could have some people rushing through dinner.
Target's sale will start at 9 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 22 -- around the same time as sales by rivals Wal-Mart, Kmart and Sears. The sale runs a full 26 hours, ending at 11 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 23.
In a clever move, Target scattered its best door-buster deals across every one of its ad's 32 pages, forcing bargain hunters to peruse the entire thing rather than looking through the first and last pages.
Some of the hotter deals Target is offering in the ad include:
- Nikon Coolpix L310 14.1-MP digital camera with 21x optical zoom -- $99.99 (regularly $199.99).
- Westinghouse 50-inch 1080p LCD HDTV -- $349 (regularly $599).
- Disney Princess Ultimate Fairy Tale Kitchen for $49.99 (regularly $99.99).
- $4, $6 and $10 DVDs.
- Sony PlayStation 3 250-GB Uncharted/Infamous Bundle for $199.99 (selling elsewhere for $269).
- Microsoft Xbox 360 4-GB Disney Kinect Bundle for $199.99 (selling elsewhere for $250).
- Gateway 15.6-inch laptop with AMD Quad Core, 4-GB DDR3, 500-GB HDD -- $349 (regularly $599).
- Apex 32-inch LCD HDTV for $147 (regularly $249).
- 6-foot pre-lit Fraser Fir Tree with clear lights for $30 (regularly $65).
For those shoppers who don't care about electronics, Target will be giving out $10 gift cards on Friday, Nov. 23, from 4 a.m. to noon for every $50 spent on apparel, accessories or home items.
More on MSN Money:
Hmm, I just picked up an xbox 360 250 gig holiday bundle with skyrim, and a racing game for 249.00-30.00 extra savings cert, and a 20.00 gift card at Fred Meyers Friday and Saturday sell this morning. I think the stores are going to run specials before Turkey day.
That put the xbox down to $219.00 before tax, and then with the 20 buck gift card can be a great stocking stuffer. My Christmas shopping is done now! Have a safe shopping season everyone!
Oh and this took my 13yr old 2 years to save money form odd summer jobs, grades etc. She had to have enough money to buy the xbox, and have the same amount in the bank to save. I think she did a good job to save 500.00 on her own.
My wife has already been informed shes working even though the hours assigned to her will not fall under her availability schedule she filled out before being hired.
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
Saving just a single month of expenses may take longer than you think. See how your savings rate affects how quickly you can build a solid emergency fund.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
BLOGS WE LIKE
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'