Mother's Day freebies and deals
Free meals, desserts, movies, museum admissions and gift cards are available for Mom's special day.
This guest post comes from Leah Ingram at Living on the Cheap.
It's amazing how much Americans spend on Mother's Day -- about $150 per person expected this year.
Recently, I put together a post on my Suddenly Frugal blog on free gifts to give Mom. In this post I'll do you one better -- freebies that you can enjoy with Mom on Mother's Day. Here is a roundup of Mother's Day 2012 freebies for moms and families.
- Take Mom out for breakfast at Caribou Coffee, and when you buy a cup of coffee, her cup of coffee is free. You'll need this coupon to get this Mother's Day freebie.
- At Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar, your mom can get a $25 gift card for free food in the future when you treat her to dinner there on Mother's Day. Reservations are recommended. There are Fleming's locations in 28 states.
- Mom gets free breakfast at Ikea before 11 a.m. on Mother's Day. That free breakfast includes scrambled eggs, bacon and potatoes and a cup of coffee. While you're there, maybe you can find a last-minute gift for her as well. Ikea offers free breakfast on Mondays as well as other food deals during the week.
- Treat Mom to dessert at TCBY, where she'll get 5 ounces of frozen yogurt free -- at participating locations only.
- Moms eat free at Beef O'Brady’s locations on Mother's Day. Her meal is free when you purchase another entree costing at least $10.
- Visit Denny's Facebook page to send Mom a free e-card for Mother's Day, and in return Denny's will send you and your mom a coupon for a free skillet cookie a la mode.
- Dine at Ruby Tuesday restaurants with Mom on Mother's Day, and the restaurant will give you a voucher for a free copy of its Simply Fresh recipe book, normally $15.
- Several restaurants are offering bonuses if you buy gift cards for Mother's Day, Father's Day, graduation or just for yourself.
(Post continues below video.)Free stuff
- Traveling to New York City for Mother's Day? You might want to stop by Ripley's Believe It or Not! Times Square. Not only is the attraction offering free admission for moms on Sunday, but from noon until 5 p.m. Ripley's has a free cupcake decorating -- and eating -- event going on for all the moms and kids to attend.
- Many museums and attractions around the country are offering moms free admission on Mother's Day. I would recommend using your favorite search engine with the phrase "free admission" "Mother's Day" and the name of your city to find the deals near you.
- Send a free e-card for Mother's Day via the Redbox Facebook page, and your mom will get a free night's movie rental at a nearby Redbox. (FYI, you'll also get a free night's rental for yourself if you "like" Redbox on Facebook first.)
- Target will give you free gift cards when you make certain electronics purchases as Mother's Day gifts, according to the weekly ad. These include a $30 gift card free when you buy a certain Keurig coffee machine, a $40 gift card free when you buy a Nook color e-reader and a $25 gift card free when you buy an iPod Touch.
- If you're shopping for clothing, accessories or fragrance at Sears, you're a Shop Your Way member and you spend $50, you'll get a free chalkboard-sided mug on which you can write a special message to Mom for Mother's Day.
More from Living on the Cheap and MSN Money:
- Eat like Mad Men: 10 ways to save with tips from the '60s
- Frugal summer fun for kids
- Is that bargain cruise really a bargain?
- Gay or straight, marriage costs more
- Frugal or cheap? 5 ways to tell
- 5 tips to fight rising food prices
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
Saving just a single month of expenses may take longer than you think. See how your savings rate affects how quickly you can build a solid emergency fund.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
BLOGS WE LIKE
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'