Frozen pizzas recalled
Four types of DiGiorno and California Pizza Kitchen brand frozen pizzas might have plastic fragments.
If you buy frozen pizza, check your freezers. Four different types of pizza made by Nestlé USA’s Pizza Division and sold under the California Pizza Kitchen and DiGiorno brands are being recalled because they might contain chopped up pieces of hard plastic, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service and the Food and Drug Administration said.
Nestlé told the government that some consumers reported finding plastic fragments in California Pizza Kitchen Crispy Thin Crust White Pizza. The issue was traced back to the spinach that was used, which also was used in three other varieties of frozen pizza. One of the consumers reported chipping a tooth, according to the Food Safety and Inspection Service.
The fragments are are described as "clear, brittle plastic, in irregular triangles, and may have sharp edges."
The following pizzas, which were shipped in February and March, have been recalled:
- California Pizza Kitchen (CPK) Crispy Thin Crust White®, UPC 71921 98745; production codes are 3062525951, 3062525952 and 3063525951.
- California Pizza Kitchen® Limited Edition Grilled Chicken with Cabernet Sauce, UPC 71921 00781; production code is 3059525952.
- DiGiorno® Crispy Flatbread Pizza Tuscan Style Chicken, UPC 71921 02663; production codes are 3057525922 and 3058525921.
- DiGiorno® pizzeria!™ Bianca/White Pizza, UPC 71921 91484; production code is 3068525951.
If you have any of the recalled pizza, do not eat it. You are asked to call Nestlé at 800-456-4394 weekdays between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Eastern Times (and this Saturday only between noon and 8 p.m. Eastern) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consumers with recalled pizza will be sent a coupon for a replacement and might be asked to make arrangements for the company to retrieve the pizza.
More from MSN Money:
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
BLOGS WE LIKE
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'