At Toys R Us, it's Black Thursday Night
The retailer is luring shoppers out at 10 p.m. Thanksgiving with some hot deals.
This post comes from Melinda Fulmer of MSN Money.
The toy retailer appears poised to take on rival discounters Target and Wal-Mart with some rich doorbuster prices between 10 p.m. Thursday and 1 p.m. Friday, as well as some nice bonuses, like a free box of 64-count Crayola crayons and coloring book with any purchase.
For example, while Target is offering an 8GB iPod Touch for $225 with $30 Target gift card, Toys R Us is offering the same product for $229 with a $50 gift card. For some parents that might be a Black Friday game-changer.
Some other outstanding electronics deals include:
- Coby 7" Portable DVD Player for $49.99 (reg. 99.99)
- Sylvania 7" Touch Screen Tablet w/ Android 2.1, micro SD and WiFi for $139.99 (reg. $199.99)
- Sandisk Sanza Fuze 8 GB Mp3 player with video for $49.99 (originally $99.98)
- 7” Netbook with WiFi and 3 USB ports for $79.99 (was $179.99)
And much of its toy selection was half off, with a few items even more deeply discounted:
- Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Robots Bumblebee Helmet or Cannon for $9.99 (was $39.99)
- Little Tikes Fold Up and Go Train Set for $9.99 (was $24.99)
For older kids, there’s 40% off video game controllers and Buy One, Get One for $5 deals on game titles such as Fable 3, Sims 3, Madden 11, Need For Speed Hot Pursuit.
More from MSN Money:
OMG . . . get a grip on reality.
- If you don't like the music, change the station. If you think stores should not be open at midnight or holidays, don't shop there during those time or ever.
- If you work retail, guess what . . . . working when others are off is the name of the game . . goes with the territory. Hey . . maybe these stores should never be open on weekends and holidays when everyone is ready to shop, then those retail jobs would disappear.
- My favorite . . . they open on holiday's and have specials because of "greed". Probably more like survival . . be a brick and mortar company competing with the "always open" internet. Let's just all shop via the internet and let those 10's of thousands of people working holidays in retail find some other work when these companies close.
Wake up America . . . time to buck up against the challenges and keep moving forward. Quit complaining and join the effort to keep people employed with even the slightest hope of "the American dream"
Ha ha ha, leaking ads? Yet another scam. target did the same thing and its nothing more than a sales ploy to fool the unwitting!
Wont be getting my money cause I have none to spend. Our gifts this year are the fact that we still have a roof over our heads. Not sure about next year though. We may be thankful for the cardboard box we found to sleep in!
Ha Ha most of my shopping is already done. Toys r us and Target and Walmart wont be getting my money on Black Friday. Not like ive ever gone to a Black Friday sale anyways.
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
If you worry about money after the streetlights come on, these actions may help you rest easier.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
BLOGS WE LIKE
MUST-SEE ON MSN
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'