Tax Day freebies, plus free ice cream
Ben & Jerry's Free Cone Day is Tuesday. After that, enjoy Tax Day with more free ice cream, Cinnabon Bites or a massage.
Taxes are coming due, and there's so much to look forward to. Well, once you get your taxes done, you can relax and enjoy lots of freebies and deals this week and next.
On Tuesday, April 12, Ben & Jerry's is holding its annual Free Cone Day. Pick the flavor of your choice, including, perhaps, the new Late Night Snack, dedicated to TV host Jimmy Fallon. Post continues after video.
The free cones will be available between noon and 8 p.m. But don't forget: Not all stores participate in national promotions, so you might want to call ahead about this one and any others on our list.
- Calculator:Is your budget in balance?
Now, on to the Tax Day freebies and deals:
- More free ice cream can be had at MaggieMoo's Ice Cream and Treatery on Monday, April 18, from 3 to 6 p.m. Its Web page says: "MaggieMoo's ice cream 'Sundae Stimulus' will feature the new Crumb Cake Fundae, which includes cinnamon Hostess Streusel Cake, cinnamon 'Cinamoo' ice cream, caramel sauce, mixed nuts and whipped cream."
- Cinnabon's Tax Day freebie is two Cinnabon Bites per person, available from 6 to 8 p.m. on April 18 (which, in case you've forgotten, is Tax Day this year).
- California Tortilla will give away free chips and queso or salsa with any order on April 18.
- McCormick & Schmick's has some discounts on April 15 and April 18, according to our friends at Kiplinger. But the best part is the $10.40 (get it?) dining certificate that will be given away to those who buy something in the bar during happy hour on April 15 or anytime on April 18, for use next time you visit.
- P.F. Chang's is offering a 15% discount on food on April 18.
Starbucks doesn't have a Tax Day freebie this year, but you can get a free cup of coffee or tea on Earth Day, April 22, if you bring in your own travel cup.
There are also some nonfood deals coming up, some related to Tax Day and others not:
- No admission will be charged at those national parks that normally do during National Park Week, April 16-24. (The parks will be open because the government didn't shut down.)
- April 14-18, HydroMassage will help relieve your stress with a free massage with this coupon. It's strongly urged that you call to schedule the free session.
- Customers of DirecTV, Dish Network and some other pay-TV providers will get free Cinemax and HBO April 15-18.
- Bally Total Fitness will offer a free workout for nonmembers on Tax Day (but be prepared for a special sales pitch). If you're already a member, you can sign up between April 15 and April 21 for a free half-hour session with a personal trainer.
- Good through April 23 at Office Depot with this coupon (.pdf file) you can download up to 25 pages of tax forms for free, get free copies of up to 25 pages of tax documents, and shred up to 5 pounds of documents you no longer need.
More from MSN Money:
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
A Fidelity study found that adult kids and their folks aren't on the same page when it comes to discussing finances.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
BLOGS WE LIKE
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'