10 things that make you poorer
Some purchases keep costing you over a lifetime of use; others may have been a bad idea to begin with. Here's what to know to minimize unplanned spending.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
10 reasons why I have less money than yesterday;
1. Federal taxes have increased
2. State taxes have increased
3.Local taxes have increased
4.Auto insurance premiums have increased
5.Health insurance premiums have increased
6. Electricity rates have increased
7.Telephone rates have increased
8.The cost of all necessities has increased
9.My customers are all in the same boat,so they are spending less
10. I am spending yesterdays money today to survive till tomorrow.
Our current government doesn't seem to have a clue what to do to help, other than spend more money,with the promise of hope and change..which hasn't worked.
Someone needs to cut up their credit cards.
The author left out politicians.
Politicians will make you poorer.
I guess those days are over. This article not only makes you click for each slide, you have to click to expand the text on each slide.
I gave up after two slides.
And don't forget are government
and oh yes, don't forget are government
and oh yes, please don't forget are government
They are the masters of costing us money, over and over and over again
Once again, MSN Money states the obvious. Most of these things, depending upon where you live, you can live without, with the following exceptions:
1. A car. Believe it or not, much of the country does not have public transportation. In these areas, a car is essential for going to work, or going anywhere else out of walking distance.
2. Credit cards. Credit cards are not necessarily bad things. The trick is to not carry a balance, and to pay your balance in full every month. Some purchase can't be made with anything but a credit card. If you have bad credit, at least get a debit card, but be sure to account for purchases in you check book.
3. Television. Again, believe it or not, much of the country has few cultural events, no theatre, no opera, no orchestra, no sports events beyond the high school level etc. In a lot of the country, TV is the only available entertainment that doesn't require driving hundreds, if not thousands, of miles.
4. A house. If you are paying rent, you are just making money for someone else. Even if you buy a fixer-upper, owning is nearly always better than renting in most cases. Just don't buy something you can't afford.
Technology will always find a way into our pockets; I bought an i7 hp laptop just last year for four digits plus and it's already outdated and dinosaured! Now they're e-mailing me with huge discount offers for a new laptop! Let's see: 4digits x 1 every year for the next. . . .
'Spammers are just closet perverts. . . .'
I hope our country gets national health care someday. Medical costs are also way too expensive and will take most people into poverty. Making us poorer real quick!
And thanks to the employers who love to hire illegals we get to pay for all their costs so you can get that cheap labor! Wonderful job of letting others pay for your business profits!
Liz.. You forget the #1 thing that makes us poorer.....KIDS.....only I didn"t buy mine !
Why doesn't MSN either block the person's ip address or block their username. This isn't rocket science folks. Please fix your moderation system!
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Your Easter celebration, from ham and eggs to spring clothes, will take a bigger toll on your wallet this year.
MUST-SEE ON MSN
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'