NEWS FOR YOUR RECENT QUOTES
- GOOG5:05 PM ET | Thomson ReutersOdd-lot trades add 3 percent volume to consolidated tape
- GOOG5:02 PM ET | Thomson ReutersUPDATE 1-Odd-lot trades add 3 pct volume to consolidated tape
- MSFT5:00 PM ET at Motley FoolHow Nintendo Ceded the Online Landscape to PS4 and Xbox One
- MSFT5:00 PM ET at Motley FoolNintendo Pins Hopes on Bundles to Save Wii U's Holiday
- MSFT4:48 PM ET | Associated PressGM names Mary Barra CEO, 1st woman to head car co.
- MSFT4:45 PM ET at CNBC Stocks end modestly lower for first day in three; S&P falls...
- MSFT4:34 PM ET at BloombergS&P 500 Falls From Record; Commodities Gain, Dollar Falls
- GOOG4:33 PM ET at Barron's This Morning: Apple's Siri Versus Google Now, More 3D Systems...
- GOOG4:25 PM ET | Associated PressFrance snubs Google culture launch amid row
- GOOG4:08 PM ET | Associated PressThe top iPhone and iPad apps on App Store
TOP STOCKS BLOG
John Stumpf acknowledges that growth has been slow, but he says he's still optimistic.
UPGRADES AND DOWNGRADES
|COMPANY||SYMBOL||BROKERAGE FIRM||UPGRADE FROM||TO (TARGET)|
|ARIAD Pharmaceuticals||ARIA||Stifel||Hold||Buy ($7)|
|Broadcom Corporation||BRCM||Charter Equity||Mkt Perform||Buy|
|Geron Corporation||GERN||Needham||Hold||Buy ($10)|
|Johnson Controls Inc||JCI||RBC Capital Mkts||Outperform||Top Pick ($61)|
|Paragon Shipping Inc||PRGN||Global Hunter Securities||Neutral||Buy ($10)|
|Parker Hannifin Corp||PH||Argus||Hold||Buy ($139)|
|PDC Energy||PDCE||Stifel||Hold||Buy ($75)|
|United Rentals Inc||URI||RBC Capital Mkts||Outperform||Top Pick ($85)|
|COMPANY||SYMBOL||BROKERAGE FIRM||DOWNGRADE FROM||TO (TARGET)|
|Tenneco||TEN||RBC Capital Mkts||Top Pick||Outperform ($66)|
|COMPANY||SYMBOL||BROKERAGE FIRM||INITIAL RECOMMENDATION (TARGET)|
|3D Systems Corp||DDD||Deutsche Bank||Buy ($95)|
|Allete Inc||ALE||Wunderlich||Buy ($54)|
|BE Semi Industr.||BESI||Canaccord Genuity||Buy|
|Cynosure||CYNO||R. F. Lafferty||Buy ($34)|
|Nova Measuring Instruments Ltd||NVMI||Canaccord Genuity||Buy|
|PDC Energy||PDCE||Mizuho||Buy ($75)|
|Stratasys||SSYS||Deutsche Bank||Buy ($140)|
|Synergy Resources Corp||SYRG||Mizuho||Buy ($12.5)|
|Titan Pharma Inc||TTNP||Highline Research Advisors||Buy ($3.25)|
|Top Image Systems||TISA||The Benchmark Company||Buy ($7)|
|zulily||ZU||RBC Capital Mkts||Sector Perform ($40)|
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages spent the entire session in a steady downtrend, but despite persistent selling pressure, today's losses were limited in scope. The Dow, S&P 500, and Nasdaq shed between 0.2% and 0.3% while the Russell 2000 lagged, falling 0.9%.
The underperformance of the Russell 2000 was likely owed in part to tax-loss selling, which tends to pick up this time of year. Small-caps often feel that pinch in a stronger fashion than large-cap issues since individual ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|