Tax Day deals and freebies
If writing that big check to the US Treasury leaves a sour taste in your mouth, you might want to take advantage of one of the free sweet (and other) treats offered April 17.
This post is by Laura Daily and Patti Roth at Living on the Cheap.
Now we can get all kinds of deals and free treats for Tax Day. To help you keep track, we’ve put together a list of Tax Day promotions.
Most are available April 17, but a few are good all week.
Make sure to read the rules. Some deals are available only at participating sites, during specific hours and while supplies are available. Some require coupons, which usually are available on Facebook. Browse the list for your favorites and enjoy. (Post continues after video.)
Here are the Tax Day deals:
- Arby’s: Free curly fries at participating restaurants April 17. For the coupon "like" Arby’s Facebook page.
- Boston Market: Buy one meal and get one free April 17 with this coupon.
- Bruegger's: With coupon at participating shops, $10.40 for a baker’s dozen of bagels and two tubs of cream cheese. The coupon is available by liking the restaurant on Facebook.
- Cinnabon: You can get two free Bites 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. April 17, while supplies last. The deal is not valid at airports or travel plazas.
- Maggie Moo's and Marble Slab Creamery: Free scoop of frozen yogurt 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., while supplies are available at participating locations of Maggie Moo's with this Facebook coupon. You can use the Marble Slab Creamery Facebook coupon for a free scoop at these participating locations.
- McCormick & Schmick's: Extended happy hour April 17 from 3:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. Special drinks will include the Rummy Refund, the Clear Conscience, the Bloody Mary Tax Code and the Uncle Sam.
- P.F. Chang's: 15% off dine-in and take-out orders April 17. The deal does not include happy hour or P.F. Chang's for Two.
- Panda Express: You can get a free single serving of Shanghai Steak on April 17 with a coupon from the Facebook page.
- Sonic: Half-price drinks and slushes all April 17 at participating restaurants.
- Seattle’s Best: Participating shops are offering free brewed coffee April 17. Also, with a Facebook coupon, you can get a free sample by mail of Seattle’s Best coffee.
- HydroMassage: Free HydroMassage is available by appointment at participating venues April 16 to April 20 with a coupon.
- Office Depot: The chain is offering up to 5 pounds of free paper shredding and 25 free photocopies (say, of your tax return) through April 16.
More from Living on the Cheap and MSN Money:
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Having a flat tax would be too simple.....something Washington doesn't understand! The constitution was for the people, not for bigger government!
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.