Analyst calls: BlackBerry upgraded
AngloGold is downgraded to 'sell,' and Safeway is downgraded to 'neutral.'
Thursday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- BlackBerry (BBRY) upgraded to Buy from Sell at Societe Generale
- International Paper (IP) upgraded to Conviction Buy from Neutral at Goldman
- Ross Stores (ROST) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Sterne Agee
- EMC (EMC) upgraded to Outperform from Sector Perform at Pacific Crest
- Baker Hughes (BHI) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Societe Generale
- Celgene (CELG) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Argus
- Gilead (GILD) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Argus
- AngloGold (AU) downgraded to Sell from Hold at Societe Generale
- Banco Santander (SAN) downgraded to Underweight from Neutral at JPMorgan
- Randgold Resources (GOLD) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Societe Generale
- Republic Services (RSG) downgraded to Buy from Conviction Buy at Goldman
- Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) downgraded to Sell from Hold at Deutsche Bank
- Safeway (SWY) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Citigroup
- Smithfield Foods (SFD) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Davenport
- American Express (AXP) initiated with a Perform at Oppenheimer
- Angie's List (ANGI) initiated with a Hold at Wunderlich
- BE Aerospace (BEAV) initiated with an Overweight at Morgan Stanley
- Boeing (BA) initiated with an Overweight at Morgan Stanley
- Bunge (BG) initiated with an Overweight at Barclays
- Discover (DFS) initiated with an Outperform at Oppenheimer
- Discovery (DISCA) initiated with a Buy at Sterne Agee
- DreamWorks (DWA) initiated with an Underperform at Sterne Agee
- Viacom (VIAB) initiated with a Buy at Sterne Agee
- Annie's (BNNY) initiated with an In-Line at Imperial Capital
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
New study finds members of this global elite are stashing an average $600 million each in cash -- 10 times more than a year ago.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.