Analyst calls: Apple upgraded
BlackBerry is downgraded to 'sell,' and Best Buy is initiated with an 'outperform.'
Monday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Intercontinental Hotels (IHG) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Deutsche Bank
- Nokia (NOK) upgraded to Overweight from Underweight at JPMorgan
- Pandora (P) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Morgan Stanley
- Regeneron (REGN) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at Piper Jaffray
- YRC Worldwide (YRCW) upgraded to Buy from Hold at BB&T
- PetroChina (PTR) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Morgan Stanley
- Intuit (INTU) upgraded at Raymond James
- MGM Resorts (MGM) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Janney Capital
- Steel Dynamics (STLD) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Wells Fargo
- Tyco (TYC) upgraded at Morgan Stanley
- Abbott (ABT) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Cowen
- Big Lots (BIG) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at MKM Partners
- F5 Networks (FFIV) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Needham
- Apple (AAPL) upgraded to a Strong Buy from Outperform at Raymond James
- Marvell (MRVL) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Lazard Capital
- 3M Company (MMM) downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight at Morgan Stanley
- Banco Bilbao (BBVA) downgraded to Underweight from Neutral at JPMorgan
- BlackBerry (BBRY) downgraded to Sell from Hold at Deutsche Bank, and to Equal Weight from Overweight at Morgan Stanley
- HollyFrontier (HFC) downgraded to Underweight from Neutral at JPMorgan
- Marathon Petroleum (MPC) downgraded to Underweight from Neutral at JPMorgan
- Valero Energy (VLO) downgraded to Underweight from Neutral at JPMorgan
- AK Steel (AKS) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Wells Fargo
- Barrick Gold (ABX) downgraded to Underperform from Market Perform at BMO Capital
- Broadcom (BRCM) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Lazard Capital
- Best Buy (BBY) initiated with an Outperform at Credit Suisse
- News Corp. (NWSA) initiated with an Outperform at Wells Fargo
- Regal-Beloit (RBC) initiated with a Neutral at Goldman
- Inland Real Estate (IRC) initiated with a Neutral at BofA/Merrill
- Express Scripts (ESRX) initiated with a Buy at Monness Crespi
MORE ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
John Stumpf acknowledges that growth has been slow, but he says he's still optimistic.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.