Analyst calls: Facebook upgraded
ArcelorMittal is downgraded to 'sector perform,' and HP is initiated with a 'hold.'
Information provided by Theflyonthewall.com
Friday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- CF Industries (CF) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Citigroup
- Facebook (FB) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Cowen
- MetLife (MET) upgraded to Conviction Buy from Buy at Goldman
- Pier 1 Imports (PIR) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Credit Suisse
- Urban Outfitters (URBN) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Canaccord
- Assurant (AIZ) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Goldman
- Clorox (CLX) downgraded to Underperform from Neutral at Credit Suisse
- Level 3 (LVLT) downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight at Morgan Stanley
- Prudential (PRU) downgraded to Buy from Conviction Buy at Goldman
- ArcelorMittal (MT) downgraded to Sector Perform from Outperform at RBC Capital
- Cisco (CSCO) initiated with a Buy at Cantor
- Corning (GLW) initiated with a Hold at Cantor
- EMC (EMC) initiated with a Buy at Cantor
- F5 Networks (FFIV) initiated with a Buy at Cantor
- Gartner (IT) initiated with a Neutral at Goldman
- General Growth (GGP) initiated with a Neutral at Credit Suisse
- HP (HPQ) initiated with a Hold at Cantor
- IBM (IBM) initiated with a Buy at Cantor
- JPMorgan (JPM) initiated with a Hold at Societe Generale
- Juniper (JNPR) initiated with a Buy at Cantor
- Moody's (MCO) initiated with a Neutral at Goldman
- Simon Property (SPG) initiated with a Neutral at Credit Suisse
- Thomson Reuters (TRI) initiated with a Neutral at Goldman
- VMware (VMW) initiated with a Hold at Cantor
- Wells Fargo (WFC) initiated with a Hold at Societe Generale
The analysts are usually either a day late and a dollar short or pumping and dumping. I love the JPM downgrade of Barrick yesterday to $19 after it broke $20 the day before and GS sell rating on Intel as it goes from $21 to almost $24. No wonder Wall Street completely missed the Fed tapering call.
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
The solid report comes a month after the retailer closed all of its Canadian operations.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.