Analyst calls: Groupon upgraded
Crocs is downgraded to 'underperform,' and Baxter is reinstated with a 'conviction buy.'
Information provided by Theflyonthewall.com
Thursday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Groupon (GRPN) upgraded to Neutral from Sell at UBS, and to Market Perform from Underperform at Raymond James
- Lowe's (LOW) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at JPMorgan, and to Buy from Neutral at Cleveland Research
- Microsoft (MSFT) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Evercore (Microsoft owns and publishes Top Stocks, an MSN Money site.)
- Panera Bread (PNRA) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Wunderlich
- Total (TOT) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Morgan Stanley
- Tata Motors (TTM) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Nomura
- AngloGold (AU) downgraded to Underweight from Neutral at HSBC
- Carlyle Group (CG) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Citigroup
- Crocs (CROX) downgraded to Underperform from Neutral at Sterne Agee
- Fusion-io (FIO) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Benchmark Co, and to Neutral from Buy at Monness Crespi
- Ralph Lauren (RL) downgraded to Buy from Strong Buy at ISI Group
- Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.A) downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight at Morgan Stanley
- Stanley Black & Decker (SWK) downgraded to Hold from Buy at KeyBanc
- Target (TGT) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight at JPMorgan
- Tesla (TSLA) downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight at Barclays
- Whole Foods (WFM) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Northcoast
- Curtiss-Wright (CW) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at BofA/Merrill
- Cablevision (CVC) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at Macquarie
- Baxter (BAX) reinstated with a Conviction Buy at Goldman
- Vodafone (VOD) initiated with an Outperform at Raymond James
- Plains All American (PAA) coverage assumed with an Outperform at Oppenheimer
- Coty (COTY) initiated with a Neutral at Citigroup
- Endo Health (ENDP) initiated with a Buy at Citigroup
- MAKO Surgical (MAKO) initiated with a Hold at Needham
- Netflix (NFLX) initiated with a Neutral at RW Baird
- Nike (NKE) initiated with an Outperform at Wells Fargo
- Stryker (SYK) initiated with a Hold at Needham
- Under Armour (UA) initiated with a Market Perform at Wells Fargo
- Valeant (VRX) coverage resumed with an Overweight at JPMorgan
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
As geopolitical tensions threaten to spin out of control, investors are wondering how best to position their portfolios for the global turmoil.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.