Priceline just won't stop growing

The online travel site continues its march upwards after its earnings report, due to more strong growth. Can it keep going higher?

By Motley Fool Investor Beat Feb 21, 2014 5:31PM (PCLN) continues its march ever higher Friday after a solid earnings report that beat analysts' expectations for earnings growth. The biggest driver of the increase here is simple: more travelers booking their trips on the site.

In this video from Friday's Stock of the Day, Motley Fool analyst Brendan Mathews discusses what he believes to be a secular trend in Priceline's favor. A growing number of people are making their travel bookings online, and with Priceline's platform being one of the largest and most convenient to use, more and more people booking their travel plans are gravitating towards the site.
That said, is the stock a buy, or has it already soared a little too high?

Brendan still sees opportunity here for investors to get in. He sees the massive growth tailwinds that have been favoring the company as ones that will continue, and thinks that at 20 times forward earnings, considering the growth prospects ahead of the company, he sees the stock as fairly valued today.William Shatner, spokesman for, appears on the company's homepage on Feb. 26, 2013 (© Daniel Acker/Bloomberg via Getty Images)

The Motley Fool's 12 top stocks for 2014 are now available!

So if you're tired of picking stocks out of a hat and hoping that one skyrockets, check out Stocks 2014: The Investor's Guide to the Year Ahead. It's The Motley Fool's current top report, and includes Chief Investment Officer Andy Cross's top stock for 2014! T

his under-the-radar company is the secret winner in the war for the last precious drops of oil on the planet. Find out what it is and how you can take advantage of this unseen company's huge profits in this special, free report, just click here now.

Tags: PCLN
Feb 22, 2014 5:13AM

This is "IT":....This is the Stock of The Day ??         or (NASDAQ .. PCLN) 

Trading at 1315.65 at closing

       52 week high 1333.12

       52 week low     665.05

....What changed in a 52 week period that increased the value of this Stock...

One share at $1315.65  .. And they produce WHAT??  

 If this isn't a sign of a Market Gone "OVER THE EDGE",,,, "Tell Me What IS"



Feb 22, 2014 11:53AM
Just call the hotel to book your room. Who needs priceline? They are the classic middleman.
Feb 22, 2014 8:52PM
Priceline is one big joke. The "name your own price" tool never works unless you name the price that they already advertise. Not even if its a dollar less. They also show crappy hotels. Better off booking your own hotel and airfare in which we did.
Feb 22, 2014 8:17PM
When I'm looking for a hotel I check prices on and   I never use those sites to book  however.  I call the hotel directly, never use their 1-800... number.  Call the hotel's long distance number directly.   75% of the time I get a rate cheaper than priceline and  The other 25% I get the same price as the online booking sites.
Feb 22, 2014 9:47AM
Trust me. Everything will go down once the 65 billion a month is pulled.
Feb 24, 2014 12:29PM
If stocks like this and Apple and google would split their stocks it would be shareholder friendly.
Please help us to maintain a healthy and vibrant community by reporting any illegal or inappropriate behavior. If you believe a message violates theCode of Conductplease use this form to notify the moderators. They will investigate your report and take appropriate action. If necessary, they report all illegal activity to the proper authorities.
100 character limit
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?


Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.

Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.


StockScouter rates stocks from 1 to 10, with 10 being the best, using a system of advanced mathematics to determine a stock's expected risk and return. Ratings are displayed on a bell curve, meaning there will be fewer ratings of 1 and 10 and far more of 4 through 7.

120 rated 1
268 rated 2
439 rated 3
709 rated 4
641 rated 5
609 rated 6
640 rated 7
516 rated 8
272 rated 9
152 rated 10

Top Picks

TAT&T Inc9



Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.

Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.

Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.