Analyst calls: Amazon.com downgraded
EBay is upgraded to 'overweight,' and homebuilders are initiated at Sterne Agee.
Thursday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Johnson Controls (JCI) upgraded to Buy from Outperform at CLSA
- VMware (VMW) upgraded to Outperform from Sector Perform at RBC Capital
- ArcelorMittal (MT) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Citigroup
- Eaton (ETN) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Buckingham
- Apple (AAPL) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at BTIG
- Avon Products (AVP) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Stifel Nicolaus
- EBay (EBAY) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Evercore
- Coca-Cola (KO) upgraded to Outperform from Underperform at CLSA
- Amazon.com (AMZN) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight at JPMorgan
- E-Trade (ETFC) downgraded to Underperform from Market Perform at Keefe Bruyette
- Eaton (ETN) downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight at Barclays
- Hot Topic (HOTT) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight at Piper Jaffray
- Gildan Activewear (GIL) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at DA Davidson
- Beazer Homes (BZH) initiated with a Buy at Sterne Agee
- D.R. Horton (DHI) initiated with a Buy at Sterne Agee
- KB Home (KBH) initiated with a Neutral at Sterne Agee
- Lennar (LEN) initiated with a Neutral at Sterne Agee
- Meritage Homes (MTH) initiated with a Buy at Sterne Agee
- PulteGroup (PHM) initiated with a Buy at Sterne Agee
- Ryland Group (RYL) initiated with a Buy at Sterne Agee
- Toll Brothers (TOL) initiated with an Underperform at Sterne Agee
- Thoratec (THOR) initiated with a Market Perform at William Blair
- Wells Fargo (WFC) initiated with a Market Perform at BMO Capital
- SanDisk (SNDK) initiated with an Outperform at Macquarie
- J.C. Penney (JCP) initiated with a Buy at BTIG
- Urban Outfitters (URBN) initiated with a Buy at Ascendiant Capital
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Investors are anxious to see if hiring can maintain its strong pace in the second half of the year.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.