Analyst calls: Akamai downgraded
Yahoo is upgraded to 'buy,' and Johnson & Johnson is downgraded to 'underperform.'
Thursday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- BlackBerry (BBRY) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Wells Fargo
- DeVry (DV) upgraded to Neutral from Underweight at JPMorgan
- Molycorp (MCP) upgraded to Neutral from Underweight at JPMorgan
- Owens Corning (OC) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Longbow
- Reliance Steel (RS) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Dahlman Rose
- Vipshop (VIPS) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Deutsche Bank
- Yandex (YNDX) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at HSBC
- Yahoo (YHOO) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Pivotal Research
- Time Warner (TWX) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Wedbush
- Usana (USNA) upgraded to Neutral from Underperform at Wedbush
Thursday's noteworthy downgrades include:
- Akamai (AKAM) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Jefferies, and to Neutral from Buy at Janney Capital
- Apollo Investment (AINV) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Wells Fargo
- Elan (ELN) downgraded to Sector Perform from Outperform at RBC Capital
- Visa (V) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Wells Fargo
- Google (GOOG) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Pivotal Research
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) downgraded to Underperform from Neutral at Credit Suisse
- Viacom (VIAB) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at Wedbush
Thursday's noteworthy initiations include:
- Google (GOOG) initiated with a Neutral at Sterne Agee
- Optimer (OPTR) initiated with an Outperform at RW Baird
- ValueClick (VCLK) initiated with a Buy at Goldman
- Pfizer (PFE) reinstated with a Neutral at Credit Suisse
- AbbVie (ABBV) initiated with a Neutral at Credit Suisse
- Fusion-io (FIO) initiated with a Neutral at Janney Capital
- Mellanox (MLNX) initiated with a Buy at Janney Capital
MORE ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.