Solar projections are too bright
Analysts and investors have their expectations set to high for this industry.
Am I the only one who is having butterflies about the solar industry? Is there a market for this resource, or is it all just smoke and mirrors?
Using Barchart, I found 4 solar stocks that on average are up over 20% in the last month alone. The brokerages have fantastic projections and there is very high investor sentiment, but my intuition is holding me back from making a recommendation. Here's what others think. Let me hear your opinions.
- Barchart Trend Spotter technical buy signal
- 9 new highs and up 29.13% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 64.33% and rising
- Trades around 28.16 with a 50 day moving average of 24.63
- Wall Street brokerages have 4 buy, 1 hold and 2 under perform recommendations
- Revenue projected to increase 177.40% this year and 43.10% next year
- EPS estimated to increase 1,302.30 this year and increase annually 15.00% for at least 5 years
- Motley Fool CAPS members vote 75 to 22 and All Stars vote 14 to 8 that the stock will beat the market
- Barchart Trend Spotter (tm) technical buy signal8 new highs and up 23.40% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 55.18%
- Trades around 10.23 with a 50 day moving average of 9.42
- Wall Street brokerages have 8 buy and 2 hold recommendations published
- Revenue projected to increase 131.50% this year, 16.80% next year
- EPS estimated to increase 324.40% this year, 11.90% next year and 11.67% annually for at least 5 years
- Motley Fool CAPS members vote 1,103 to 29 and the All Stars vote 297 to 4 that the stock will beat the market
- 88% Barchart technical buy signal
- 5 new highs and up 21.09% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 62.40% and rising
- Trades around 12.72 with a 50 dy moving average of 11.11
- Wall Street brokerages have published 10 buy, 6 hold and 5 under perform recommendations
- Revenue projected to increase 111.60% this year and 27.60% next year
- EPS estimated to increase by 188.10% this year, 19.90% next year and 23.35% annually for the next 5 years
- Investor sentiment on Motley Fool is high with the CAPS members voting 1,372 to 94 and the All Stars 320 to 33 that the stock will bet the market
- 80% Barchart short term technical buy signal13 new highs and up 18.66% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 65.16% and rising
- Trades around 27.37 with a 50 day average of 24.35
- Wall Street brokerages have published 25 buy, 3 hold and 2 under perform recommendations
- Revenue projected to increase by 104.10% this year and 18.10% next year
- EPS estimated to increase 100.00% this year, 8.00% next year and 18.98% annually for the next 5 years
- Investor sentiment on Motley Fool high with the CAPS members voting 1,034 to 186 and the All Stars 267 to 64 that the stock will beat the market.
Someone must be wrong when someone else is right
Everybody's wrong everybody's right
You tell me that I'm wrong
Then you tell me that I'm right
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Investors are anxious to see if hiring can maintain its strong pace in the second half of the year.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.