A promising China stock
China-Biotics (CHBT) is the largest provider of probiotic bacteria in China.
Written by Douglas Estadt
Probiotics are beneficial, live bacteria used as dietary supplements and food additives to improve intestinal health and digestion. Our friend, Dr. Eric Jackson, of Ironfire Capital LLC, joins us today to share some facts about CHBT which he learned during his China trip and meetings with management. Eric also explains why the expansion opportunity is so vast.
- By 2014, probiotics market in China is expected to reach $9 billion (CHBT is #1 producer).
- Top-line revenues have a CAGR of 35% for the last three years.
- Gross margins of 71% for the last two years.
- Retail business can definitely grow from only 100 stores today, however CHBT’s biggest opportunities are in dairy and animal feed.
- All revenue based on old facility with a production capability of 12 MT, while they opened a new facility in February and is expected to be up to 75 MT production capability by this fall and 225 MT by 2011.
- China is a net importer because they cannot presently produce enough probiotics domestically.
To have some of your risk capital autotraded for you on Covestor Investment Management, see my model here.
Visit Wall Street Media. We feature exclusive insights from the world's leading transparent investors.
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
The solid report comes a month after the retailer closed all of its Canadian operations.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.