Buffett adds new stock to portfolio
The latest report from Berkshire holdings shows the Oracle of Omaha boosting stakes in several companies and adding a new one.
Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B) revealed its latest quarterly holdings report this week, with stocks of record as of the market close on June 30. Though many positions remain unchanged, there are some notable moves from billionaire Warren Buffett.
Buffett and Berkshire are watched closely by many investors, so to make things easier, here is a list of BRK stock holdings that have seen increases as of the latest report:
Most noteworthy could be Fiserv (FISV), a new position of 4.4 million shares. This buy could be a good sign of things to come for the IT and bill-processing company.
But though this is the only new position, a number of existing Buffett stocks got a boost in holdings. They include:
- Becton Dickinson & Co. (BDX), 1.89 million shares. Up from 1.74 million shares last quarter and was a raised position last quarter, too, from 1.5 million shares before and versus 1.2 million even earlier.
- Iron Mountain (IRM), 8 million shares. A higher position versus 7.79 million shares last quarter, and above 7 million shares and versus 3.37 million shares in the quarters before then.
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), almost 41.1 million shares, an increased position from last quarter's 27 million shares. This gets J&J back above the 36.91 million shares before that and on the way back up to the 62 million shares at one point in 2008.
- Nalco Holding (NLC), 9.15 million shares, up from 9 million a quarter earlier.
- Sanofi Aventis (SNY), 4.06 million, which appears to be higher than what we calculated as being "more than 3.9 million shares" a quarter earlier. That one could be a rounding difference.
- 10 Dividend Aristocrats Rewarding Shareholders
- 8 Five-Star Mutual Funds on Fire
- 3 Low Risk, High Yield Dividend Stocks
MORE ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
The Fed may start tapering in just a few months. Here are a few of the likely winners and losers.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.