I enjoyed the ride this week
I hope you didn't miss this weeks upward ride. I think it looks good for next week too.
Value Line Index -- Contains 1700 stocks so it's broader than the S&P 500 or very narrow Dow 30 -- Nice upward price momentum
- Barchart 80% buy signal
- New highs in 11 of the last 20 session
- Up 2.58% for the week
- Up 11.36% for the last month
- 14 day Relative Strength Index is 63.56% and rising
- Closed Friday at 2487.87 above its 50 day moving average of 2362.65
- Friday over 81.68% closed above their 20 DMA, over 80.49% closed above their 50 DMA, over 74.39% closed above their 100 DMA
- Last week over 78.97% closed above their 20 DMA. over 72.86% closed above their 50 DMA, over 66.78% closed above their 100 DMA
- Last month only 26.50% closed above their 20 DMA, only 41.52% closed above their 50 DMA, only 38.32% closed above their 100 DMA
- 1 month new highs/new lows -- 1199/109 = 11.00
- 3 month new highs/new lows -- 629/55 = 11.44
- 6 month new highs/new lows -- 321/42 = 7.64
Jim Van Meerten is an advisor to Marketocracy Capital Management who uses his model portfolios not only to manage their mutual funds but also their clients Separately Managed Accounts. You can read his blogs about those model portfolios and investing here and on Barchart Portfolio Blogs. Please leave a comment below or email JimVanMeerten@gmail.com.
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
The Federal Reserve and Congressional politics threaten to rain on the market party.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.