Very positive DCTH results
History in the making for DCTH's PHP treatment.
Written by Douglas Estadt
Eric Whitman, MD, of http://drericwhitman.wordpress.com/, is a board certified surgical oncologist specializing in the care of patients with melanoma, joins us today for an exclusive interview regarding the DTCH presentation at The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting.
- Survival rate tripled for cancer patients treated with PHP (Percutaneous Hepatic Perfusion) - 398 days vs. 124 with best alternative care
- The data was even better than the intial press release from April. The hepatic PFS (primary endpoint) was 245 days in the PHP arm and 49 days in the BAC (best alternative care) arm
- $745 million is the estimate for peak annual U.S. sales, if PHP is approved by the FDA
- Potential increase to $5.6 billion if this treatment is used in primary liver cancer as well as metastases from other types of cancer
We discuss the vast potential for Delcath's PHP system:
- the majority of the cases are not in the US, 80% of liver cancer is in Asia
- the possibility for huge "off-label" use
- the possibility for Delcath's PHP system to be used for many other cancer treatments in future
To hear more about DCTH, view the video belowVisit Wall Street Media. We feature exclusive insights from the world's leading transparent investors.
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
Stocks are facing some serious resistance as the bears tear into the market's respite.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.