Analyst calls: Citigroup initiated with a 'buy'
Roche is upgraded to 'overweight,' while Novartis is downgraded to 'equal weight.'
Friday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- McDonald's (MCD) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Janney Capital
- Melco Crown (MPEL) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at JPMorgan
- Syngenta (SYT) upgraded to Neutral from Underweight at JPMorgan
- Roche (RHHBY) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Morgan Stanley
- Aetna (AET) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at JPMorgan
- athenahealth (ATHN) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Leerink
- AvalonBay (AVB) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Cantor
- Regal Entertainment (RGC) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight at Piper Jaffray
- Toronto-Dominion (TD) downgraded to Sector Performer from Outperformer at CIBC
- Novartis (NVS) downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight at Morgan Stanley
- Prudential (PRU) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Sandler O'Neill
- 3D Systems (DDD) initiated with a Buy at BB&T
- Alexion (ALXN) initiated with a Neutral at Citigroup
- Capital One (COF) initiated with a Buy at Janney Capital
- Danaher (DHR) initiated with an Outperform at BMO Capital
- Fiserv (FISV) initiated with a Buy at Jefferies
- Bank of America (BAC) initiated with a Neutral at SunTrust
- Citigroup (C) initiated with a Buy at SunTrust
- Goldman Sachs (GS) initiated with a Neutral at SunTrust
- JPMorgan (JPM) initiated with a Buy at SunTrust
- PNC Financial (PNC) initiated with a Buy at SunTrust
- U.S. Bancorp (USB) initiated with a Neutral at SunTrust
- Wells Fargo (WFC) initiated with a Neutral at SunTrust
- Lennar (LEN) initiated with a Hold at Topeka
- Microchip (MCHP) initiated with a Buy at Needham
- Oracle (ORCL) initiated with a Neutral at Wedbush
- Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) initiated with a Buy at Standpoint Research
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
The solid report comes a month after the retailer closed all of its Canadian operations.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.