4 strong stocks for a weak dollar
We’ve been following three technically sound stocks whose strong overseas operations will also benefit if the US dollar stays weak. One is still a good buy, and a fourth stock has just emerged.
- There is further chart support on the daily chart at $73.80-$74, line b, and then at $72.86, which was the recent low
- The daily on-balance volume (OBV) made new lows on Wednesday, which is a negative sign, and the weekly OBV (not shown) confirmed the lows. It could form a positive divergence if the dollar index makes new lows over the next few weeks
- Once above the recent highs at $76.17, there is stronger resistance at $76.90-$77.40
- PKI has stronger support in the $26.60-$27.20 area with the long-term uptrend (line d) at $26.30
- The daily OBV made new highs on Wednesday after breaking through resistance at line e in early May. There is stronger OBV support at line f
- The weekly OBV (not shown) is acting stronger than prices with next upside targets at $29.60 and the 2008 highs
- There is stronger support at $51 and the daily uptrend, line b
- The daily OBV is close to making new highs and does look strong with the weekly OBV also positive
- Once above the recent highs, the next upside targets are in the $59-$60 area
- The daily starc+ band is now just above $82 with further targets in the $83-$84 area
- The daily OBV is leading prices on the upside and looks very strong with the weekly OBV (not shown) also confirming the price action
- There is initial support now in the $80 area with additional support at $78.50
MORE ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
The Fed may start tapering in just a few months. Here are a few of the likely winners and losers.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.