Analyst calls: Goldman, Intel downgraded
Traveleres and JC Penney are upgraded to 'outperform,' while Kohl's and Nordstrom are cut to 'hold.'
Friday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Travelers (TRV) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Wells Fargo
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Deutsche Bank
- Cerner (CERN) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Deutsche Bank
- SanDisk (SNDK) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Sterne Agee
- J.C. Penney (JCP) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Macquarie
- SunTrust (STI) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Macquarie and to Outperform from Perform at Oppenheimer
- Goldman Sachs (GS) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Wells Fargo
- Intel (INTC) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Sterne Agee
- Children's Place (PLCE) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Goldman
- Charles Schwab (SCHW) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Deutsche Bank
- Legg Mason (LM) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Deutsche Bank
- Nordstrom (JWN) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at Macquarie
- PNC Financial (PNC) downgraded to Perform from Outperform at Oppenheimer
- Illinois Tool Works (ITW) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at Credit Suisse
- Kohl's (KSS) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Argus and to Neutral from Buy at BofA/Merrill
- Zynga (ZNGA) initiated with a Neutral at Macquarie
- Corning (GLW) initiated with a Hold at KeyBanc
- FedEx (FDX) initiated with an Outperform at Wells Fargo
- UPS (UPS) initiated with a Market Perform at Wells Fargo
- Bunge (BG) initiated with a Neutral at Piper Jaffray
- Marvell Technology (MRVL) initiated with a Buy at Mizuho
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
The expected $3.36 billion offering from Citizens Financial Group won't come close to Alibaba's, but it will be an important one for the market.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.