Analyst calls: Apple upgraded
General Electric is downgraded to 'neutral,' and McDonald's is downgraded to 'outperform.'
Monday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- BHP Billiton (BHP) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at HSBC
- Beazer Homes (BZH) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Credit Suisse
- First Horizon (FHN) upgraded to Neutral from Sell at Compass Point
- Hess Corp. (HES) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Barclays
- Johnson Controls (JCI) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at RW Baird
- Skechers (SKX) upgraded to Buy from Hold at BB&T
- USG (USG) upgraded to Neutral from Underperform at Credit Suisse
- Netflix (NFLX) upgraded to Neutral from Sell at B. Riley
- Apple (AAPL) upgraded to Buy from Hold at BGC Partners
- Barrick Gold (ABX) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Deutsche Bank
- Ericsson (ERIC) downgraded to Sell from Hold at Societe Generale
- General Electric (GE) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight at JPMorgan
- Kinross Gold (KGC) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Deutsche Bank
- Newmont Mining (NEM) downgraded to Sell from Hold at Deutsche Bank
- VMware (VMW) downgraded to Underperform from Buy at CLSA
- Carnival (CCL) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Nomura
- Baker Hughes (BHI) downgraded to Sell from Hold at Argus
- Under Armour (UA) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Buckingham
- McDonald's (MCD) downgraded to Outperform from Buy at CLSA
- Kimberly Clark (KMB) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at BofA/Merrill
- Verizon (VZ) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at Macquarie
- Alkermes (ALKS) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Lazard Capital
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
The solid report comes a month after the retailer closed all of its Canadian operations.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.