1 stock to play Japan, Mideast reconstruction
Infrasturcture needs to be replaced, and Chicago Bridge and Iron is ready.
It came up when I was comparing companies that have had at least 10% growth in sales and earnings, and are expected to continue growing, against the Barchart technical indicators, and Chicago Bridge and Iron (CBI) was near the top of the list.
Since my ancestry is Dutch and I was born in Chicago, the company caught my eye. It was founded in Chicago in 1889 and went public on the NYSE in 1977. After being acquired by Praxair in 1996, it was again spun off in 1997 and is based in the Netherlands.
- 96% Barchart technical buy signal
- Trend Spotter (tm) buy signal
- 12 new highs and up 20.23% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index is 65.97% and climbing
- Trades around 39.78 with a 50 day moving average of 35.24
- Wall Street brokerage analysts have released 16 buy and 6 hold recommendations
- Sales are projected to increase by 23.00% this year and 13.40% next year
- Earnings are estimated to increase by 16.70% this year, 14.30% next year and continue by 11.33% annually for the next 5 years
- This is a widely followed stock with over 2000 Motley Fool subscribers having this company on their opinions lists
- CAPS members vote 1,352 to 31 that the stock will beat the market
- The experienced All Stars agree 555 to 5 -- That's 111 to 1 ration!
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
Like many companies this winter, the fast-food giant blamed a drop in same-store sales on the weather. But could its problems be bigger than a snowbank?
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.