Analyst calls: EBay downgraded
FedEx is downgraded to 'underperform,' and UPS is upgraded to 'outperform.'
Thursday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- ASML (ASML) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Deutsche Bank
- Cabot Oil & Gas (COG) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at BofA/Merrill
- HollyFrontier (HFC) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at BofA/Merrill
- Spectra Energy (SE) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at Atlantic Equities
- UPS (UPS) upgraded to Outperform from Sector Perform at RBC Capital
- Chicago Bridge & Iron (CBI) upgraded to Focus List from Overweight at Johnson Rice
- Textron (TXT) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at JPMorgan
- Fusion-io (FIO) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Stifel
- Acuity Brands (AYI) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Northland
Thursday's noteworthy downgrades include:
- Alkermes (ALKS) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Mizuho
- Apache (APA) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight at JPMorgan
- EBay (EBAY) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at Macquarie
- FedEx (FDX) downgraded to Underperform from Sector Perform at RBC Capital
- Huntington Bancshares (HBAN) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Compass Point
- TSMC (TSM) downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight at Morgan Stanley
Thursday's noteworthy initiations include:
- ACE Ltd. (ACE) initiated with an Outperform at BMO Capital
- AIG (AIG) initiated with an Outperform at BMO Capital
- Agrium (AGU) initiated with an Overweight at HSBC
- Aon Corp. (AON) initiated with an Underperform at BMO Capital
- Cepheid (CPHD) initiated with a Neutral at Citigroup
- Mosaic (MOS) initiated with a Neutral at HSBC
- Potash (POT) initiated with an Overweight at HSBC
- QIAGEN (QGEN) initiated with a Sell at Citigroup
- Travelers (TRV) initiated with an Outperform at BMO Capital
- Avago (AVGO) initiated with a Buy at Craig-Hallum
- Select Comfort (SCSS) reinstated with an Outperform at Raymond James
- Pandora (P) initiated with a Neutral at Lazard Capital
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Investors are anxious to see if hiring can maintain its strong pace in the second half of the year.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.