Analyst calls: PepsiCo upgraded to 'overweight'
Carnival is downgraded to 'neutral' at Goldman, and Annie's is initiated at several firms.
Monday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- PepsiCo (PEP) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Morgan Stanley
- Dr Pepper Snapple (DPS) upgraded to Equal Weight from Underweight at Morgan Stanley
- Lear (LEA) upgraded to Overweight from Underweight at Morgan Stanley
- Lowe's (LOW) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Morgan Stanley
- Honda (HMC) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Credit Suisse
- Illumina (ILMN) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Credit Suisse
- Madison Square Garden (MSG) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Stifel Nicolaus
- Newell Rubbermaid (NWL) upgraded to Outperform from Perform at Oppenheimer
- NVIDIA (NVDA) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Nomura
- Priceline.com (PCLN) upgraded to Neutral from Reduce at Nomura
- Conn's (CONN) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at SunTrust
- Alliant Energy (LNT) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Wunderlich
- Carnival (CCL) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Goldman
- MercadoLibre (MELI) downgraded to Sell from Hold at Stifel Nicolaus
- Murphy Oil (MUR) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Brean Murray
- Procter & Gamble (PG) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Wells Fargo
- First Solar (FSLR) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Argus
- Annie's (BNNY) initiated with a Hold at Canaccord, and with an Outperform at RBC Capital, and with an Outperform at William Blair, and with an Overweight at JPMorgan
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
The company plans to close stores and lay off employees, and says it needs to make some deeper changes.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.