Apple the most likely to succeed?
Sometimes the numbers won't tell you what a company's future is. In Apple, the answer is beyond the numbers.
Similarly, Apple is every one's darling. It's the most rated stock on Motley Fool, my barometer for general investor interest and sentiment, and one of the most widely followed stocks on Wall Street.
I hope you aren't looking to me to tell you what to do. This post is based on my memories of "Dragnet." When a witness would ramble on with all sorts of unrelated opinions, Joe Friday would say, "Just the facts, Ma'am."
That's what I'm going to attempt, just the facts.
Let's start with a five-year chart of the weekly price versus the 20-, 50- and 100-week moving averages, showing a slow and steady increase.
- 80% short-term technical buy signal.
- Trend Spotter has a sell signal, but if the price keeps increasing, that gap is narrowing quickly and may be switching soon.
- The price hit five new highs and is up .97% in the past month.
- Relative Strength Index is 54.75% and increasing.
- Trades around 351.94 with a 50-day moving average of 346.81.
- Wall Street brokerage analysts have released 28 strong buy, 22 buy and 4 hold recommendations.
- Sales consensus is for an increase of 53.20% this year and 17.80% next year.
- Earnings are forecast to increase by 51.40% this year, 15.30% next year and 20.53% annually for the next five years.
- This is one of the most widely followed stocks on Motley Fool with 30,645 members chiming in on it.
- The CAPS members vote 23,453 to 2,099 that the stock will beat the Street.
- The more experienced All Stars vote in the same direction, 4,804 to 249.
- Fool tries to follow reports and articles released on stocks and notes that all for the past 51 articles have been positive.
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
These companies won't soar like other plays in the sector, but they make for great income sources.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.