Analyst calls: Amazon upgraded
Yahoo is downgraded to 'market perform,' and SolarCity is initiated with a 'buy.'
Monday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Canon (CAJ) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Jefferies
- Credit Suisse (CS) upgraded to Outperform from Sector Perform at RBC Capital
- Family Dollar (FDO) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Barclays
- Hess Corp. (HES) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Deutsche Bank
- Northrop Grumman (NOC) upgraded to Sector Perform from Underperform at RBC Capital
- Textron (TXT) upgraded to Outperform from Sector Perform at RBC Capital
- Walgreen (WAG) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Jefferies
- Amazon.com (AMZN) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Morgan Stanley
- Danaher (DHR) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at ISI Group
- Universal Health (UHS) upgraded to Positive from Neutral at Susquehanna
- Dick's Sporting (DKS) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Janney Capital
- Texas Instruments (TXN) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at BMO Capital
- ArcelorMittal (MT) downgraded to Sector Perform from Outperform at RBC Capital
- BNY Mellon (BK) downgraded to Sell from Neutral at Goldman
- Cree (CREE) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Canaccord
- DSW (DSW) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Brean Capital
- Family Dollar (FDO) downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight at Morgan Stanley
- Finish Line (FINL) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Janney Capital
- Lowe's (LOW) downgraded to Sell from Hold at Canaccord
- Spirit AeroSystems (SPR) downgraded to Sector Perform from Outperform at RBC Capital
- Under Armour (UA) downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight at Morgan Stanley
- Applied Materials (AMAT) downgraded to Underweight from Neutral at JPMorgan
- Southwestern Energy (SWN) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Dahlman Rose
- SAP (SAP) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at UBS
- Yahoo (YHOO) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Bernstein
- Baidu (BIDU) downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight at Barclays
- SolarCity (SCTY) initiated with a Buy at Goldman, and with a Buy at Roth Capital, and with an Outperform at Credit Suisse
- Broadcom (BRCM) initiated with an Overweight at Evercore
- FEI Company (FEIC) initiated with an Outperform at Pacific Crest
- SodaStream (SODA) initiated with an Overweight at Barclays
- Noble Energy (NBL) initiated with a Buy at BofA/Merrill
- Cabot Oil & Gas (COG) initiated with a Neutral at BofA/Merrill
- Southwestern Energy (SWN) initiated with a Neutral at BofA/Merrill
MORE ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Quotes are real-time for NASDAQ, NYSE and AMEX. See delay times for other exchanges.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Thomson Reuters (click for restrictions). Real-time quotes provided by BATS Exchange. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Interactive Data Real-Time Services. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by SIX Financial Information.
Try as the bears might, they couldn't break US stocks. But investors still face frothy prices and considerable headwinds.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.