Analyst calls: BP downgraded
Vertex is upgraded at several firms, and Electronic Arts is both upgraded and downgraded.
Tuesday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Cognizant (CTSH) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at RW Baird
- Electronic Arts (EA) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Needham
- Vertex (VRTX) upgraded to Equal Weight from Underweight at Morgan Stanley, and to Outperform from Market Perform at Wells Fargo, and to Buy from Hold at Needham
- Randgold Resources (GOLD) upgraded to Neutral from Underweight at JPMorgan
- Veeco (VECO) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Barclays
- Capital One (COF) upgraded to Hold from Sell at Argus
- BP (BP) downgraded to Underweight from Equal Weight at Barclays
- El Paso (EP) downgraded to Underweight from Neutral at Atlantic Equities
- Embraer (ERJ) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Citigroup
- Mako Surgical (MAKO) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Mizuho
- Roche (RHHBY) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight at JPMorgan
- Electronic Arts (EA) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at William Blair
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Investors are anxious to see if hiring can maintain its strong pace in the second half of the year.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.