8 things I'd do if I were a hedge fund
Things that would make me want to raise some cash and hit the beach.
1. Be ready for a disappointing Jackson Hole speech because I, unlike others, don't believe QE3 is even a factor now that housing is coming back.
2. Be ready for more disappointment from China, as Doug Kass' points about China are coming home to roost.
3. Be ready for a September-is-horrible bunch of articles, and because "sell in May" wasn't bad, it might have more resonance.
4. Be ready for more pre-announcements from global companies like Joy (JOY).
5. Forget domestic safety for a little while, because there have been big moves.
7. Accept that the Verizon's (VZ) of the world seem to be reflecting a raising of the dividend tax.
8. Realize that oil is all over the place and is trading so erratically, but the oil and gas stocks are simply trading horribly, and this market does best -- like it or not -- when they are strong.
Those are just eight things that would make me want to pull in my horns, raise some cash and, most importantly, go to the beach.
I know this is anecdotal, but I have never seen so many people take off this holiday well before the holiday.
That means people who have to get out of town, with my mindset, are not going to let this opportunity to sell pass.
So they ring the register and join me down the shore!
Jim Cramer is a co-founder of TheStreet and contributes daily market commentary to the financial news network's sites. Follow his trades for Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust and is long DD.
More from TheStreet.com
MAN YOU ARE SO SMART MORE PEOPLE SHOULD FOLLOW WHAT YOU SAY KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
Like many companies this winter, the fast-food giant blamed a drop in same-store sales on the weather. But could its problems be bigger than a snowbank?
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.