Analyst calls: Hewlett-Packard downgraded
Research in Motion is upgraded to 'hold,' and Intel is downgraded to 'neutral.'
Tuesday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- AK Steel (AKS) upgraded to Neutral from Sell at Goldman
- Archer Daniels (ADM) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at BMO Capital
- Expedia (EXPE) upgraded to Equal Weight from Underweight at Barclays
- Joy Global (JOY) upgraded to Market Perform from Underperform at BMO Capital
- Pentair (PNR) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at RW Baird
- Research in Motion (RIMM) upgraded to Hold from Underperform at Jefferies
- Whole Foods (WFM) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Goldman
- Zipcar (ZIP) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Goldman
- Intercontinental Hotels (IHG) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Barclays
- Merck (MRK) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at MKM Partners
- Green Mountain (GMCR) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at SunTrust
- Cliffs Natural (CLF) downgraded to Sell from Neutral at Goldman
- Intel (INTC) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at UBS
- Petrobras (PBR) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Raymond James
- ARM Holdings (ARMH) downgraded to Outperform from Strong Buy at Raymond James
- Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Raymond James
- Aetna (AET) initiated with a Buy at Lazard Capital
- Boston Scientific (BSX) initiated with a Buy at Stifel Nicolaus
- CareFusion (CFN) initiated with a Buy at Stifel Nicolaus
- Coach (COH) initiated with an Outperform at Wells Fargo
- Covidien (COV) initiated with a Buy at Brean Capital
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) initiated with a Hold at Stifel Nicolaus
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) initiated with a Hold at Stifel Nicolaus
- UnitedHealth (UNH) initiated with a Buy at Lazard Capital
- Clean Energy (CLNE) initiated with a Buy at Dougherty
MORE ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Quotes are real-time for NASDAQ, NYSE and AMEX. See delay times for other exchanges.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Thomson Reuters (click for restrictions). Real-time quotes provided by BATS Exchange. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Interactive Data Real-Time Services. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by SIX Financial Information.
The Dow is off slightly on the day, after falling nearly 130 points at the open. Decent reports on jobless claims and new-home sales helped.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.