Analyst calls: Hewlett-Packard downgraded
Research in Motion is upgraded to 'hold,' and Intel is downgraded to 'neutral.'
Tuesday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- AK Steel (AKS) upgraded to Neutral from Sell at Goldman
- Archer Daniels (ADM) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at BMO Capital
- Expedia (EXPE) upgraded to Equal Weight from Underweight at Barclays
- Joy Global (JOY) upgraded to Market Perform from Underperform at BMO Capital
- Pentair (PNR) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at RW Baird
- Research in Motion (RIMM) upgraded to Hold from Underperform at Jefferies
- Whole Foods (WFM) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Goldman
- Zipcar (ZIP) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Goldman
- Intercontinental Hotels (IHG) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Barclays
- Merck (MRK) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at MKM Partners
- Green Mountain (GMCR) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at SunTrust
- Cliffs Natural (CLF) downgraded to Sell from Neutral at Goldman
- Intel (INTC) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at UBS
- Petrobras (PBR) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Raymond James
- ARM Holdings (ARMH) downgraded to Outperform from Strong Buy at Raymond James
- Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Raymond James
- Aetna (AET) initiated with a Buy at Lazard Capital
- Boston Scientific (BSX) initiated with a Buy at Stifel Nicolaus
- CareFusion (CFN) initiated with a Buy at Stifel Nicolaus
- Coach (COH) initiated with an Outperform at Wells Fargo
- Covidien (COV) initiated with a Buy at Brean Capital
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) initiated with a Hold at Stifel Nicolaus
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) initiated with a Hold at Stifel Nicolaus
- UnitedHealth (UNH) initiated with a Buy at Lazard Capital
- Clean Energy (CLNE) initiated with a Buy at Dougherty
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Stocks are facing some serious resistance as the bears tear into the market's respite.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.